Report an Absence
Report an Absence
It is imperative that parents/carers contact the school before 8.00am if your child is unwell and unable to attend school, on EACH day of absence.
You can report the absence in one of the following ways:
- Absence telephone line - Leave a message on the attendance line: 01628 604812, then select option 1
- For Years 7-11 - select option 1
- For Years 12 & 13 - select option 2
Please give your child’s name, form group and a brief reason for absence.
To email reception, please contact:
- Via the School Gateway
- Any absence relating to Covid-19 please email :
- If a positive COVID test result is received, please email the attendance email address as soon as the result is received.
NOTE: Please do not email any members of staff or the general school email address as these may not be checked before the absence text message is sent out each morning.
This is a requirement of the Department for Education (DfE)
Where appointments are necessary within school hours, please ensure your child’s absence is reported at least 24 hours before to the Reception Team e.g. an appointment card/letter or show the text message.
If you are unable to provide these details 24 hours prior to the appointment could you please ensure:
- If your child is arriving late following a medical appointment, a copy of the supporting document is given to Reception or text shown
- If they are leaving school early to attend a medical appointment, similarly a copy of the supporting document is given to Reception.
You can also email the school at email@example.com to confirm the details of the medical appointment.
All leave of absence is recorded on your child's school file.
This form should only be completed for requests for Leave of Absence for exceptional circumstances.