Latest NewsPosted on: 15/11/2021
BGS Anti Bullying Week 2021
This week, students at Burnham Grammar School are celebrating Anti Bullying Awareness Week.
Anti-Bullying Awareness Week this year is from Monday 15th November - Friday 19th November 2021
Kindness is more important today than it has ever been. The isolation of the last year has underlined how little acts of consideration can break down barriers and brighten the lives of the people around us. Bullying has a long-lasting effect on those who experience and witness it.
By channelling our collective power, through shared efforts and shared ambitions, we can reduce bullying together. From parents and carers, to teachers and politicians, to children and young people, we all have our part to play in coming together to make a difference.
Kindness means something, it can change someone’s perspective. It can change the course of a conversation. It can change a person’s day. Best of all, one kind word leads to another.
Please refer to the list below of activities coordinated at Burnham Grammar School during Anti-Bullying Awareness Week :
- Monday 15th November - Odd Socks Day - designed to celebrate individuality
- Monday 15th November - Thursday 18th November - House Assembly - student-led video highlighting the importance of anti-bullying
- Tuesday 16th November/Wednesday 17th November - Form Time Activity - One Kind Word - Tell us about your kindness stories
- Wednesday 17th November - Online Celebration Event - There will be a range of exciting speakers and the event will be chaired by young people.
- Thursday 18th November - Pause For Thought
Burnham Grammar School has been awarded The BIG Award for excellence in bullying intervention!
Please see below a resource for parents/guardians to help guide you to have a conversation with your child about bullying.
Together we are stronger. We are UNITED against bullying at Burnham Grammar School.