Beeches Learning and Development Trust
The Beeches Learning and Development Trust's vision is to build an ethos of:
- Focus on nurturing the individual
- Developing a Growth Mindset and resilience in students is at the heart of all we do
- Embracing Challenge – every lesson, every day
- Learning in context
- Developing students’ broader skills to thrive in both current and future learning environments
- Raising aspirations to make dreams a reality
- Developing the skills of Responsible Learning
- Developing the current and the next generation of teachers through exceptional CPD
- Developmental Performance Management
- Bespoke, tailored & targeted CPD to maximise teacher development & impact
- To provide opportunities for cross phase development and experience
- Nationally recognised development programmes through IIP Gold and IIP Champion status
For the community
- Preserving the ethos and ‘flavour’ of member schools where sensible & possible
- Building links between students, teachers, schools and the communities they serve
- Exceptional and challenging outreach programmes to put learning into context with priority given to MAT schools
The Beeches Learning and Development Trust (BLDT) is a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT). The MAT is a single legal entity and is the employer and holder of land titles and the trust board is accountable for all academies in the group. BLDT is governed by the Board of Trustees who are accountable to the BLDT Members.
The structure is outlined in the Scheme of Delegation diagram below:
By forming the MAT we are ensuring that we will retain control of our own destiny and preserve the unique ethos and aims of the schools, the core principles of which will extend over all of the schools within the BLDT.
Through our various outreach programmes Burnham Grammar School is already supporting primary schools in a number of ways and through the School Direct programme we are training the next generation of both primary and secondary teachers in the local area. Formation of the BLDT formalises much of what we are already doing and provides opportunities to extend this work where we feel it is beneficial and appropriate to do so.
Working across key stages 1 to 5 will also offer fantastic opportunities for Beeches Learning and Development Trust staff to broaden their experience and will also provide first hand and direct experience of the standard of work that KS2 students are completing prior to and KS3 students are completing after their transition to secondary school. This will also help us in retaining our best staff for longer by being able to offer them additional opportunities to develop their practice and experience.
The quality of training and support that the BLDT provides to member schools is indicated by the Investors in People Gold Award and Champion Status that are held by Burnham Grammar School. In addition, the Wellbeing Award has ensured that we develop and look after staff and students, with our status of holders on the Inclusion Award and National Champion status will also ensure that our disadvantaged and vulnerable students are supported to fulfil their potential by embracing all of the opportunities the BLDT has to offer.
Burnham Grammar School is part of the Beeches Learning and Development Trust which is an exempt charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registered company number 7769232.
Registered Office: Hogfair Lane, Burnham, Bucks, SL17HG
Members of the Beeches Learning and Development Trust
Trustees of the Beeches Learning and Development Trust
|Trustee||Committee Membership||Office Held||
Date of Appointment
|Alison Bell||Audit (chair), HT Pay/ Performance, Personnel Pay Review (chair)||Data Protection||09/02/21||31/05/25|
|Andy Frith||Audit, Finance, HT Pay/Performance||Chair||09/02/21||31/05/25|
|Andy Gillespie||Finance, Personnel Pay Review||ex officio|
|Lola Owolabi||HT Pay/ Performance, Personnel Pay Review||07/10/22||08/10/26|
|Nick Walker||Audit, Finance (chair), HT Pay /Performance||09/02/21||31/05/25|
|Eric Hollis||Audit, Finance||01/09/23||31/08/27|
Please note the below Member/Trustee membership changes to date.
- 16/11/20 Dominic Grieve (Member) Resigns
- 16/12/20 Joy Morrissey Appointed as a Member
- 09/02/21 Alison Bell, Andy Frith, Liz Green, Raj Keshvara, Nick Walker and Charlie Whieldon reappointed until 31/05/25
- 05/08/21 Liz Green (Trustee) resigns
- 31/12/21 Raj Keshvara (Trustee) resigns
- 03/01/23 Charlie Whieldon (Trustee) resigns
- 01/09/23 Eric Hollis Appointed as a Trustee
- 29/11/23 Joy Morrissey (Member) Resigns
To view attendance at trustee meetings for 2021/2022 please view the link below :
For the Academic Year 21-22, the number of employees in the Trust whose employee benefits exceeded 100K* (including pension costs) were as follows:
In the band £140,000 - £150,000: 1
*For comparative purposes, figures published on the website for academic years prior to 21-22 did not include pension costs.
Data Protection - Beeches Learning and Development Trust
Please use this form if you are seeking to make a freedom of information request to the Beeches Learning and Development Trust.
Please complete this form if you wish to make a subject access request for personal data we hold about a data subject.
Governance Documents and Annual Reports - Financial Statements
To view the Articles of Association, Memorandum of Association, ESFA Funding Agreement, Scheme of Delegation, Register of Interests, Annual Reports and Financial Statements, please click on the downloads below:
|BLDT Scheme of Delegation v1.5||26th Sep 2023||Download|
|BLDT Articles of Association||20th Oct 2022||Download|
|BLDT Memorandum of Association||20th Oct 2022||Download|
|Deed of Variation (including BLDT Master...||16th Nov 2022||Download|
|Burnham Grammar School Supplemental Fund...||16th Nov 2022||Download|
|Dorney School Supplemental Funding Agree...||16th Nov 2022||Download|
|BLDT Declarations of Interest Report 202...||04th Dec 2023||Download|
|Board Diversity Data Beeches Learning an...||19th Oct 2023||Download|
|BLDT Trustees Report and Accounts 2021 -...||17th Aug 2023||Download|
|BLDT Trustee's Report and Accounts 2020-...||02nd Feb 2022||Download|
|BLDT Trustee's Report and Accounts 2019-...||14th Jan 2021||Download|
|BLDT Trustee's Report and Accounts 2018-...||08th Jan 2020||Download|
|BLDT Trustee's Report and Accounts 2017-...||03rd Jan 2019||Download|
|BLDT Trustee's Report and Accounts 2016-...||15th Jan 2018||Download|